Rainbow activities: Laugh
Snowflakes are beautiful and every snowflake that falls from the
sky is different!
Why not learn how to make snow crystals while tucked up in the
You will need:
- a cup of hot water
- ¼ cup salt
- two teaspoons vinegar
- food colouring (if you want)
- piece of sponge
- shallow dish
What to do
- 1. Stir together the water, salt, and vinegar. Boiling water
works best, but very hot water is okay.
You will need to ask an adult to help you with this
- 2. Put the piece of sponge in the shallow dish. Pour the
mixture over the sponge so it soaks up the liquid and just covers
the bottom of the dish.
- 3. If you want coloured crystals, you can dot the sponge with
- 4. Save the rest of the crystal growing solution.
- 5. Put the dish by a sunny window or another warm,
light area. Some crystals will grow overnight or the next day.
Add more crystal growing solution to replace the liquid
- 6. Continue growing your crystals for as long as you like. When
you’ve finished growing them, you can either display them for
others to enjoy or ask an adult to help you dispose of them